Current Summer Plan:
The severity of this situation and the responses by our national, state, and local governments is changing daily, and creates a lot of uncertainty in our ministries. As of today, we are working toward and planning for an exciting summer serving our communities. We encourage you to plan and invite people to camp with that in mind. Below will be the changes you will see to our policies this summer in light of COVID-19. We are making the following changes to keep campers, churches, and staff safe and healthy.
Camp in the Community's staff is monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic closely and we are consulting with the American Camp Association and the corresponding Health Departments in the communities we serve for proper protocols.
Our current response plan/protocol is as follows:
1. Summer Camp will proceed unless the virus impact is widespread and a threat to our community.
2. For the protection of our campers, staff, and families, camp reserves the right to dismiss or restrict a camper for health-related reasons.
3. A medical form is required to attend camp and is a part of our standard registration forms.
4. A health pre-screening of all our staff, campers, and volunteers will occur on opening day, and on a smaller scale each day at check-in.
5. Best practices for not spreading the virus (or any illness) will be practiced: hand-washing, coughing/sneezing into the shoulder, keeping hands away from faces, no sharing of food, drinks, or hygiene items, isolation and removal of persons with questionable symptoms, etc.
6. We will stay up-to-date on the COVID-19 situation via the CDC and local Health Department and respond accordingly. This is the authority we will use as our healthcare standard.
7. CITC will stay in contact with parents/guardians in the event of a suspected COVID-19 illness and within HIPPA regulations.
We have been working hard to find and create content to help your family during this time of social distancing. Click on the link above to find resources your family can use now, or anytime. Also, keep an eye on our social media to watch our content there!
We love you all and are praying for you!
~Whitney and Haleigh